Mannalargenna Day 2023
SAVE THE DATE: Saturday 2nd December for Mannalargenna Day 2023. The Organising Committee have crafted a plan for this year, check it out.
2023 meeting schedule
General Board of Director meetings 2023 (open to all members for attendance) will take place on the following dates:
- April 29, 2023
- June 24, 2023
- August 26, 2023
- October 21, 2023.
All meetings will take place the TasTAFE Alanvale Campus unless otherwise specified. Participation via Teams is also available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Meetings to discuss new memberships will occur on the following Wednesday evenings via Teams for Board of Directors and Circle of Elders only:
- March 8, 2023
- May 10, 2023
- July 12, 2023
- September 13, 2023.
Meeting dates and locations may change but will be communicated on this page and via Facebook.
melythina tiakana warrana members are direct descendants of the Aboriginal Ancestors from the Country of tebrakuna , known as the region of northeast Tasmania. melythina tiakana warrana will preserve custodianship and pass on the cultural traditions, practices & knowledge’s of our Ancestors, and conduct our business with cultural integrity. melythina tiakana warrana will operate on the premise of acknowledging that our Land is sacred, our Culture is precious, and we are a unique People.
Our primary aims and objectives are to:
- Establish and maintain an Aboriginal cultural artifacts and keeping place.
- Conduct and advocate research into Aboriginal history and cultural practice.
- Develop, re-establish and conduct interdisciplinary Aboriginal ceremonial practices.
- Mentor and showcase Aboriginal artistic expression.
- Conduct Aboriginal cultural awareness training.
- Advocate Aboriginal needs and aspirations to government departments and non-government agencies.
- Reclaim and establish the rightful place of Aborigines as the original peoples of Tasmania.
- Operate with the highest integrity in business in order to protect Aboriginal cultural heritage and practice as specified by the members.
- To explore and develop opportunities in economic development projects e.g. tourism ventures.
- To increase our involvement in the naming of Country, places, and people through thorough research of historical documents.
- Provide a political voice in issues of land return and protection.